Marketscan is committed to ensuring that all its activities are conducted safely; that the health of its employees and the public are protected; and that environmental performance meets and where possible exceeds relevant legislative requirements. Environmental management is the responsibility of all our employees.
1. Ensure that at all times operations comply with existing laws and regulations and, where necessary, set more demanding targets and measure performance against these to ensure continuous improvements in health, safety and environmental performance.
2. Monitor and where applicable, reduce waste emission and adopt a more ambitious approach to energy and resource conservation where possible and practical. Our current activities do not create emissions to the environment covered by environmental protection legislation.
3. Ensure that waste products are stored safely and securely, placed in suitable containers for transportation and disposed of by authorised persons. All toner cartridges are disposed of in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Encourage recycling of material in all respects of the Company’s operations. The use of electronic communication and documentation is well established, however the use of paper is unavoidable. As good practice, all offices are encouraged to manage the lower use of paper and to collect waste paper for recycling. We also have recycling bins for team lunch waste such as crisp packets and drink bottles.
5. Include environmental concerns in the day to day running of the Company.
6. Provide appropriate safety, health and environmental training and information for all staff, contractors and other persons in contact with the Company.
7. Communicate the Company’s environmental policy and practices to all levels of staff.
8. Review the environmental policy on a regular basis.
Proactive approach to environmental policy:
- Staff are required to reduce business travel where possible, or a minimum plan work and meetings to make travelling more efficient. The use of public transport is encouraged where suitable, as is car sharing.
- Low energy lights are used where possible, and all employees are reminded to ensure that all electrical items are switched off when they leave the office. The efficiency of the office’s building insulation is regularly reviewed.
- The Company will maintain a proactive approach to the impact of its operations on the environment by monitoring performance internally and by employing external experts for advice where applicable.
- Employees are encouraged to make positive and constructive suggestions for how we could improve our practices to benefit the environment.
Marketscan is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Marketscan’s professional activities and the management of the company. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and help our clients and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations, and promote car sharing when public transport is not practical.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
Purchase organic beverages.
Working practices and advice to clients
Undertake voluntary work with the local community and/or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.