Why Analytics are important to you?
You know who your customers are, and you know the kinds of businesses you’d like to sell to. So, all you need is more targeted marketing data, right?
With insight, comes power and opportunity. We can help build your marketing reach and effectiveness.
Once we have helped you identify trends and create customer profiles, we can select hot new prospects of similar profiles from our national master database by using our advanced data matching routines.
Moreover, adding this to your own database gives you exceptional in-house capability. Not only that, we can top-up your marketing database with new contacts at regular intervals to keep you one step ahead of the competition.
Why bother with customer profiles?
Everyone understands the importance of data, but not everyone is using it effectively. One of the most rewarding uses of data – in terms of both strategy and ROI – is the creation of customer profiles.
Creating customer and prospect profiles – or personas – can offer invaluable insights into:
- Who to target your marketing campaigns towards.
- What tone-of-voice and design elements you should use to engage with each persona.
- What problems your potential customers face on a day-to-day basis that your products or services can help solve.
The key to unlocking the true identity of these personas is already in your existing database.
Go directly to the source
The first step in building successful customer profiles is to analyze your existing database. This involves creating segmented lists featuring existing, lapsed, and potential customers.
From your existing customer list, you can determine what type of customer will be most attracted to your products and services based on their job title, market sector, business size, location, and other factors.
Through such research, you can then uncover common themes that can be used to draw up your basic list of personas. Equally important, you can identify which customer types are not engaging with you by examining the trends in your lapsed customer list. Consequently, you can choose to either remove them or, preferably, unearth why your messaging isn’t working for them and refocus your marketing strategy accordingly.
It’s essential to focus on your data rather than relying solely on what you and your team think are the right personas. Your customer profiles must be backed up by real-world data, not just gut instinct.
Hire an expert
Marketscan can work with you by bringing in a fresh pair of critical eyes and analysing your existing database. We will:
- Strip out bad data.
- Update and flesh out existing entries and suggest new leads from our own extensive in-house database, Megabase.
- Spot potential customer profiles based on your past performance, plus identify emerging persona trends that can be exploited by your campaign.
- Take you through the process if you are not fully versed in database management.
When creating your customer personas, always remember:
- Creating personas offers invaluable insight into the mindsets of potential customers.
- Personas allow you to create targeted campaigns that will appeal to each persona, talking to them in their own language and appealing to their specific needs and wants.
- Marketscan can offer expert advice and a fresh pair of eyes to drill down into your database.